January 27, 2010

New Year, New Perspective

On Christmas day I signed up for Weight watchers online. I have not really stuck with it but tried to. For a month I really did not make an effort but the last couple days I have really been more aware. Looking at life from a different perspective and that is because I started reading this new book The Beck Diet Solution by Judith S Beck, Ph.D. She uses cognitive therapy in order to help you lose weight. I wrote my ARC or Advantage Response Cards two days ago and just reading them on a regular keeps me more aware of the things I put in my mouth. It really makes me think. And I really like that. Today Im feeling a bit discouraged but hopeful. I am slowly believing that I will actually be the me I want to be. I just have to use the cards to remind myself of the reasons why I want/need to lose weight! I remember the days I would watch Dawson's Creek and just dream of being as slender as Joey and Michelle. I want that. I was looking at pictures online of these really cute preppy clothes and the skinny girls that were wearing them. That is supposed to be me I thought and it will be me! I ate an unhealthy dinner tonight but shortly thereafter I did 15 minutes of turbo jam. That always puts a smile on my face! Of course it gave me an asthma attack and a headache but nonetheless I was happy! So stay tuned Im giving this a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...