August 9, 2010

What I want to be when I grow up...

I know to some folks that sounds like a silly comment reserved for the young, but to me this is a statement that can be made by anyone of any age. We are always changing and evolving so a statement such as that is not really silly.

Okay there I go again rambling and getting off the subject. Warning: I have ADD so staying focused on a topic is a challenge for me! This is just a warning.

So just a little bit about me and my future... I was attending school full time and working full time (yes, I know insane) I was working towards another associates degree but instead of business and fashion I was going for something practical, nursing. We took all the prerequisites I needed as well as the nursing school entrance exam and while I passed everything my GPA is not competitive as it needs to be in order to be accepted into the program. So I have to sit these next few semesters out. So because I am the way I am I have to stay busy and one career I always aspired to have was a graphic design/multimedia design business. I am honestly not gung ho on becoming a nursing...not really looking forward to wiping butts, butt it is a career that I know I will always have a job to fall back on. Eww, just then I was sounding sensible. Ugh! Warning to you youngsters out there once you have a kid you will sound "sensible" too!

Anyway, back to what I am going to do during this hiatus. I am going to take some online courses in web design and graphic design. I plan on expanding my retail boutique blog and retail consulting services to feature web and graphic design to the menu.

I am busily planning my consulting business. Not to mention design a line of ribbon and fabric. Check me out! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...