November 15, 2011

Diet Pills: Is it a cry for help or weight loss booster?

Hello all.

Yeah it's me the occasional blogger. My apologies but this journey gets tougher and tougher for me. So I thought I would let you know I've been struggling. So much that I am seriously considering diet pills. Here is why I feel like I need "assistance."

1. I can barely stick to a program...remember my 10 week challenge? Yeah well I failed miserably. I think when the goal is weight loss, weight GAIN isn't suppose to occur.
2. I make the effort to "stick" to a program and the results are less than stellar.

So I think I want to try Sensa. Have you heard of it? Well in one of my many insomnia-tic (is that a word? If not you get the idea) nights I saw an infomercial for Sensa. It's a seasoning/powder you sprinkle on your food and it's suppose to give you a feeling of satiety quicker so you eat less. Average person lost about 30 pounds in 6 months according to their claim. Here's the problem, the first month is $90 bucks! Each following month is like $50!!!! And you basically stay on the program until you reach your goal weight. I am honestly not ready to part with that much money for a diet aid that may or may not work for me.

My other alternatives are a drug store diet pills (dexatrim, hydroxycut, xendrine, and the like) these are more affordable but will they really work for me is the question. I tell you trying to lose weight at 40 has been like climbing up a frozen hill with an icy patch while wearing new shoes...you know when the sole is really slippery? I can't even say its like walking up and down escalator because you eventually make it to the top. This frozen hill doesn't even allow me to regain my footing! Ugh!

So let me know your thoughts on diet pills or aids. Would you do it? Are you doing it? Did you do it? What were your results? Please post below. I plan on visiting my local drugstore this weekend to take the plunge!

Here's to you and your journey, that it's not as treacherous as mine! :-)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of diet pills. I lump them in the same category as "diets," in general; used in the short-term with an expectation of long-term results, which is, more than likely, not possible.

    I'm 46. I would love to be losing weight faster, but the fact is I'm losing weight. The bigger fact is, I'm committed to a healthy eating path I'll be walking 'til the day I die.

    Is it always easy? Absolutely not. I didn't expect it to be. I'd love to be able to wolf down a huge sub, and vats of chocolate milk, and ice cream.

    When I look in the mirror, it's abundantly clear that hasn't worked for me - unless I hold morbid obesity as a life goal. Not.

    Wishing you well on this journey. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't recommend diet pills. I used them a few years back and they worked great, but as soon as I stopped using them ($150) a month I put back on all the weight I had lost and some extra as well. All they did was suppress the appetite, they didn't teach me how to eat better, just less.

    The decision is ultimately yours, but I think fighting our way through this journey, no matter how hard it gets, is how we learn. We learn to create better habits and make healthier choices. The journey is where we learn the how to - how to beat the food demons, how to beat the lazy I don't want to workout demons, how to recognise food triggers and how to deal with those. What we learn along the way is what we need to be able to maintain when we reach the end of this journey.

    We will get to the end!

    Currently, I have 39 kilos to go, that's 86 pounds. I am aiming for a loss of 10 kilos (22 pounds) by 24 January (my holiday) I don't expect to get the whole 10kgs, but I am sure going to try.

    All I am going to do is workout each day for a minimum of 30 mins and track every single morsel that enters my mouth - I use fat secret (fatsecret.com). I will be weighing-in twice a week on Sundays and Thursdays to keep a better eye on my progress.

    I would love it if you would join me on my beach holiday board shorts challenge and just so you know, anything you eat on Christmas day is calorie free :)

    I know sometimes when I do a challenge I can start to feel overwhelmed and that there's too much pressure and it has the opposite effect so if you don't want to join me that's fine too. If you just want someone to talk to you can e-mail me at j71ellis@hotmail.com any time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...