November 2, 2011

Notes from an insomniac

Hello night owls.

I'm here typing on my laptop and watching Roseanne and its almost 2am. I have nights like this from time to time. I know its been a while since I've written anything...my apologies. I've been battling some major asthma attacks and panic attacks. Life has been pretty tough for me. I feel like I've been in survival mode for the last month and a half. I've been living life moment to moment. It has been tough to say the least. Well I'm laying here nursing an abscess tooth, stressing over finances, and dreading going to work in the morning. Welcome to my everyday well except for the abscess tooth dilemma.

I've manage to maintain my weight loss for the most part. I'm only about 1.2 pounds over my lowest weight recorded. So I'm approximately 222.0. and that is commendable because I wasn't going to say anything but let's say that I've eaten my weight in Reese's Peanut Butter cups in the past 2 weeks! Yeah I said it. Well it's only 24 days till my Black Friday shopping day. It was the day that I wanted to be about 199 pounds and roughly a size 12/14. Well I'm 23 pounds away from that goal. All I can say is UGH! My new goal is to lose about 15 pounds in the next 24 days. I don't want to go overboard and try and lose 23 pounds in 24 days but hey if it happens it will be a great day!!!

So starting tomorrow I am going to visit the gym directly after work. I have to find a way to unwind and alleviate stress and the only way I can see doing that is hitting the gym directly after work. I'm tired of coming home from work too tired to spend quality time with my family. It really breaks my heart when I've devoted my energy to a boss that doesn't appreciate me instead of utilizing that energy for my daughter who wants her mommy to play dolls with her. My priorities are out of whack. It's time to get them back on track.

What do you do to alleviate stress? How do you prevent from getting worn out at work so you can utilize your energy for your loved ones? Please post below. Thanks!


2 comments:

  1. Good on you for putting yourself first and hitting that gym, I think you will feel a lot better about everything after a good workout - I know I do.

    I also watch Roseanne early in the morning which is strange considering we live on different sides of the world :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jane! I hope you're feeling better. I haven't quite made it to the gym yet. I've been on the "Exercise imagery" plan. I think about working out I just haven't done it. LOL

    Best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...