October 20, 2011

Out of control: Cheating to the extreme

Oy vey! I don't even know where to begin but I've been in a downward spiral. I've been binging on sugar and carbs for most of this month. I have to say this past month at work has been unbelievably stressful. I found myself going to my happy place. You're going to laugh when I tell you how I go to my happy place while at work. First I pray. I learned a while back (while I was in the ICU for severe asthma) the power of prayer. I still believe to this day that prayer was the reason why I got better.

Back to my happy place. I will google Park City, Utah because I felt my best there. I will just scroll through Google images of downtown and that puts a smile on my face. That's how I get happy. Another way is to comfort myself with food. I've found myself making very poor food choices. Choices that have included refined white carbs...sugar, white flour, and white potatoes.

It's time for me to re-group. I have only 5 weeks until my Black Friday shopping excursion and I'm not remotely close to being at a goal size of 12 or 14. So I have to make a serious effort at my workout plan and my meal plan...yeah that non-existent plan I keep talking about. On a brighter note I went shopping last weekend with my husband and I tried on a pair of size 18 jeans at old navy and THEY WERE TOO BIG!!! Yay!!! I guess I may be closer than I thought.

Tell me how do you stick to a plan or goal? Please post below. Thanks!

6 comments:

  1. I love how you get to your happy place; how wonderfully healthy. :-)

    As for the downward spiral... All I can say is, for me, it's about taking it day by day, or hour by hour, or even minute by minute, if need be.

    Honestly, though, I'm in the "zone." I have no desire to cheat, because I would be cheating myself. Also, I'm not looking at my weight loss journey as a "diet regimen;" it's going to be the way I eat for the rest of my life.

    I found you through Blog Hop 'Til You Drop. :-)
    --------------------
    Hot Coco @ Flab to Fab
    http://www.flab-to-fab.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to be disciplined and it's not easy. And it has to be a lifestyle for me...

    new follower from the hop, would love a follow back!

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hot Coco!
    Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I really appreciate your insight. I mean I know to take things one moment at a time but sometimes we need to be reminded and for that I thank you. I'm going to regroup and get in the "Zone."

    Thanks again for the visit...I will stop by to see you too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathryn,
    Thank you so much for the visit and your insight. I appreciate you taking the time out to comment. I will be stopping by for a visit!

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea for a blog! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for taking the time to visit Brooke!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...