December 31, 2011

New beginnings

Hello. I hope you all are having a very happy Holiday season. Want to know what I got for Christmas? Oh it's a good one... (I'm being sarcastic). I found out last Monday that the company I've been working for has decided to end operations and close up shop! I have to admit that it wasn't a shock to me. You know when you see an accident getting ready to happen but you just dont know what to do or where to begin to prevent it. Yep, that in a nutshell is how I feel about the company shut down.

I feel like it is a blessing that God has given me the opportunity for me to live the life I've been longing to have. I've been journaling since I was 7 years and that Monday morning was no different. I wrote in my journal how I longed to work from home and be there for my family and have a bit more sanity in my life. I have to admit my work environment was a bit toxic. I had a boss who liked to make most of our lives miserable...maybe because he was suffering inside who knows. All I know is that I don't work well when my hard work and efforts aren't appreciated.

With that being said I will be able to devote more time to my blog and come up with a consistent schedule and plan for my blog. It will also allow me to visit more blogs and be more interactive with my readers which makes me really happy. I finally have the opportunity to do what I want to do (hoping that my husband gets the job out west). If not then I will accept that this is not the right time and that my right time will come. I am staying positive and looking forward to the great things to come!

Have you been faced with "on the surface" a less than favorable situation that you felt was actually best for you and that you were happy about? What did you do? Please share it with me. Post your comments below.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty exciting news. I hope your husband gets that job out west for you. It would be fantastic for you to work and home and have more Erika time. Maybe it's a sign that you not having a job now means your husband will get that job. Fingers crossed xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane!!! Happy New Year!!!
    I really hope he can get that job too. I have to admit being the sole money earner for the past few years has been exhausting and stressful to say the least. Then add a toxic work environment and you get a perpetually bitter, angry, and fat Erika! My fingers are crossed and I will keep you posted. I was going to come over and visit your blog...I wanted to give kudos to you for starting your 2012 with a bang! BTW did you ever see what the "monster" crawling on you was? Hmmm...Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...