January 14, 2013

How does your food make you feel?



I ask that question because I just finished my breakfast and it wasn't what you'd call the "typical" breakfast.

I had:
Baked eggs (my fave style eggs)
50/50 salad which contained, white onions, salt and pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil.

I ate it before I was able to snap a pic of it. You'll have to settle for the image above. Next time I'll snap a pic, promise.

Something about my eggs and green salad breakfast always makes me feel great. You see ever since I've been listening to Paul McKenna the way I eat has seriously changed. I don't eat "mindlessly" anymore. You know, mindlessly, you eat your entire meal and before you know it it's gone. You don't really remember eating it. You don't savor the meal you're about to eat, you just vacuum it off your plate. That ever happen to you? Well for me things are different now. I take time to savor and enjoy my meal. I put my fork down and enjoy every bite, reminding myself I'm using a fork NOT a shovel!

I love that this breakfast doesn't make me feel bloated, gassy or plain old uncomfortable. I truly hate that feeling. The older I've become the less tolerant my body has been to the foods I consume. Now I take great care to listen to my body and allow it to tell me what it really needs not what my brain thinks I want. Taking this approach has really changed my life.

Here are some more changes I've experienced;
I drink at least 2 cups of green tea daily (because I want to y'all!)
I stopped consuming dairy (no more cheese or milk, eggs yes, duh) I am lactose intolerant (I almost typed Lacoste, jeez what's on my mind...oh yeah shopping!)
I limit breads/pastas to about 4-5 times per week. I'm still working on my weakness for breaded meats. Damn Zaxby's why must you be so good?!

Making better food choices has helped me tremendously! Now I don't have to unbutton my pants or jeans just to breathe therefore avoiding those painful whelp marks on my abdomen. My stomach doesn't start churning or hurting. I feel "light" plus the added value of being proud of the better food choices I've made.

I've lost a couple more pounds in the last week or so. It's slow but it's progress.

My question to you is, What foods make you feel good afterwards? Post below I would love some suggestions!



via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...