September 18, 2013

Being 40 something is tough

I thought back when I was approaching 40 that turning that monumental number would be an easy pill to swallow. For the most part it was, I don't "look" 40 most people think I'm in my early to mid-thirties, thank you very much!

Unfortunately, its not arriving at the number that's the hurdle it's the baggage that the number brings. Baggage meaning, feeling uncomfortable after eating your "favorite" meal, developing pre-diabetes, and pre-hypertension. Having those "stiff" moments when you get up, sit down, breathe...you know what I mean. It's those times that I wish I took better care of myself when I was younger. I think if I did being middle age wouldn't seem so unbearable. Oy vey!

My question is, is it too late to "feel" better through diet and exercise? Because despite my efforts I'm not there yet and I'm not sure when the "feeling great" part will kick in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...