September 17, 2013

Living with Confidence

Today on my drive home from school I was listening to Joyce Meyer talk about Living with confidence. I'm not one to talk about religion and proclaim my views about my faith. I feel that it is personal and I certainly don't want to hear someone's rebuttal on my beliefs. That is one thing I really do enjoy about listening to Joyce Meyer, while she speaks about various bible verses I feel that even the non-believer can take something away from her message.

Back to why I started this blog post. Yesterday I complained about how my accountability buddy failed me. After listening to Joyce today I learned I really was behaving no differently than my fair weather buddy. I should have embraced the fact that I was blessed to have someone I could talk to about my weight loss journey and that she probably was supportive as best as she could be, even if it wasn't what my expectation of a buddy should be.

I took time to reflect on how I handled the situation and going forward I know that most of the time people do the best they can. I must be honest that I haven't reached out to her to let her know she'd been fired. I'm now rethinking how can I communicate to her what my expectations are and how to move forward. I admit I feel 100% better after having heard her message.

Lastly, I wouldn't have known about Joyce Meyer if it hadn't been for my dear friend. I'm truly grateful for the gifts that she's shared with me that have positively affected my life. Looks like I've had an accountability buddy and didn't realize it. Thanks for allowing me to share my revelation with you in the hopes that you don't make the same mistake I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...