September 26, 2013

ONE MORE

One thing I struggle with is pushing myself when it comes to any challenge with my weight loss journey. Specifically, pushing a bit harder with my fitness regime. I've started to ride my bike because it doesn't put as much stress on my knees as running would. For the last 3 weeks or so I've been riding my bike around the entire neighborhood, that equates to 1.5 miles. I can do it in about 8 minutes at an average of 10 miles per hour. Not bad. Not enough though. Once I've completed a lap I pack it up and put the bike away. In theory I could bypass my house and go for another lap, but I don't. Pushing myself is one area I need to really work on.

Another situation happened today, I started doing Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 workout and when it got to the pushups I just gave up. Don't get me wrong I don't want the drill sargeant type trainer yelling in my face but I need to do something to push myself a bit more. I want to feel healthier, and be fit. I know at some point I have to push myself. Oh why is it so hard?

I thought to myself if I want this weight to be gone bad enough I will find a way to push myself. Yes I want this weight gone yesterday, so I promised myself one way to push myself is to do ONE MORE. Whatever ONE MORE means, it could be ONE MORE push up, rep, or lap. How bad could doing ONE MORE thing be? I know it would get me ONE MORE step closer to my goal.

How do you push yourself? What do you say to yourself to do ONE MORE?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...