July 22, 2011

My arse hurts and my heart hurts

Today was a busy crazy day at work. I'm not going to go into why it was because my job is "Mistress of Everything" so I should expect it to be crazy! There are just times when it seems like it gets the best of me and today was one of those days. Well today was a co-worker's birthday and in our office our CEO's wife makes delightful confections to celebrate with. The confection Du Jour was a yummy fluffy not firm cheese cake with blueberry's on top. Well, let's just say Erika slipped and fell head first into a slice of cake!!!

Okay so here is where I felt set up...After I devoured that delightful piece of cake I proceeded to send a text message to my friend and tell her how delicious her cake was and that I fell off the Atkins weight loss wagon. The return text stated "Do you want to spin with me tonight to sweat away your cheese cake?" See! Oh wait you don't "see" for as long as I've known my friend she has been a loyal devotee to spinning. She has asked me numerous times in the past if I wanted to go to class with her. And my answer has always been a resounding "NO!" I don't want my arse to hurt! Well since I committed a diet sin I thought it was time for me to repent and "work off " that sin. So that is why I agreed to attend class with her. My friend didn't believe me at first, she did when I showed up in class ready to be tortured! And torture it was. I don't think my arse will ever forgive me for what I've done to her this evening. It was more torture for my posterior than my legs. I've been invited to attend Saturday class and honestly I don't know if I can make it to the kitchen let alone outside of the house and to that torturous class again. I will keep you posted. Oh! and I would have taken a picture of that yummy slice of cake but I inhaled it so quickly that it barely got my plate dirty.

Now for the reason why my heart hurts...So after 40 years Border's bookstores have decided to close it's doors and liquidate their assets. By far that was my favorite place to buy books. The reasons are endless why I loved going there. I especially loved the events they had for kids on Saturdays. My little "me"attended an Easter parade and numerous other activities there. It was fun, free and educational entertainment. And now that will no longer happen. <Sad face> Now my options are shop online at Amazon or visit our local B & N. I still love Borders more. Oh well, I guess good things always come to an end. Speaking of end...my arse still hurts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...