July 24, 2011

My Daily Rant: Am I wrong?

Let me preface this post by saying it is primarily a rant about why girl's clothing is so expensive. Okay so am I wrong to think clothing for girl's sizes 7-16 is too expensive? Especially at that clothing store Justice! In two weeks is my little "me's" 7th birthday. She has been requesting that most of her gifts come from Justice and from American Girl.

So last night I went to Justice to purchase a few of the items she had requested. Well I had a heart attack when I saw that the price of the layered shirt she wanted with the peace signs and animal print was a whopping $29.00!!! Okay call me a cheap ass but I was just at Ann Taylor and they had two tee shirts for $20 bucks! I have a hard time spending that much money for clothing that is going to end up covered in food, paint and what not! So am I wrong for saying that I don't want to spend that much money on her clothing? I have to find more alternatives. She is not in love with Gymboree clothing like I am. And then there is boutique clothing whose prices are in the stratosphere!

So what is a mother to do? I hardly have time to do laundry let alone make her clothes. But it looks like I am going to have to make the time. Ugh! Okay stepping off the soapbox. Thanks for listening. If you have any suggestions regarding where I can find cute 'tween girl clothing, please post it in the comment section below! Oh! And I know there are thrift stores and garage sales...don't call me a snob but I can't deal with shopping in chaos just to get a top for $0.25 and when I get home find out there is a stain that cant come out. Okay stepping down now... Thanks for listening!

1 comment:

  1. You are not wrong at all. I balk at paying over $20 for any of my kids clothes. I hate spending a lot of money on their outfits knowing that they will end up ruined and that none of it will fit them the next season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...