July 29, 2011

Fashionable Friday

Today's post is going to be full of frivolity and fashion. I love fashion like most women do. Presently I am unable to truly enjoy the fashions I love. Why you ask? Well fashion designers don't think women larger than a size 14 are worthy of wearing their brands. So us plus size gals must conform to their designs and lose the weight if we want to "fit in."

So here is some "eye candy" I have been spying for a while. Some of my favorite brands are Lilly Pulitzer, J McLaughlin, Milly, Nanette Lepore, Lacoste, Kate Spade and J. Crew. So I have a strategy and tell me what you think. First off I planned that by June 2, 2012 I will reach my goal weight of 136 pounds. Now here is where my strategy comes in. I am going to begin shopping for my new size (ideally will be a size 4/6) at the end of summer season clearance sales. I think it would be a win win situation. I can start shopping now and build a wardrobe at a fraction of the original prices. And that will be very motivating for me. Being able to look forward to a fashionable wardrobe is THRILLING! So here are some looks I am loving right now.

Love the tee shirt, cardigan, and jeans look.
3 pcs from Lilly Pulitzer

Party Dress. Oh yeah!

Fashionable Friday will be a regular post for me. It will provide inspiration and motivation. Let me know what brands you like. Post a comment below! 

Have a great weekend!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love both of those outfits, they are gorgeous. I think it's a fantastic idea to pick things up at the end of the season at a fraction of the price. I can't wait to see your new wardrobe. I am really looking forward to your Fashionable Friday posts.

    I don't really know those brands you were talking about, I have heard of J.Crew and I do know Lacoste. My favourite brands are Portmans, Cue and Forever New. My new favourite cheap brand is Mercer and when I say cheap I mean really nice and good quality for $25 for skirts and dresses and around $10 - $20 for tops. Can't go wrong with those prices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jane! Please tell me where I can find the brands you are talking about, especially Mercer. I love designer brands, but a great price trumps a designer label any day! Haha! I'm glad you like the Fashionable Friday posts. I wanted to feature a bit of inspiration and motivation and not just drone on about losing weight. Thanks again for your comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...