July 4, 2011

You have to get up when you fall...

So today's post is about overcoming setbacks. We all get them. I know I get more than my share. My brother's wedding is less than a month away and I am no closer to my goal weight than I was when I started this blog. I have to admit that maybe I was not as focused as I could have been but I feel that I've made progress in other ways than on the scale.

I have gone through rounds of different diets and no diets and this diet and that diet. None seem to work. So at the moment I am on the Atkin's diet. You know the one. Eat pork rinds till you explode or aspirate on one! Like I did the other night! Oy! Yesterday mom, hubby, and little me went to the mall to shop for dresses for the wedding. And as usual I tried something on and looked in the mirror only to be visually assaulted by the person staring back at me.

I found a couple of dresses that I liked but my figure didn't like them so much. So I put them back only to vow to come back in 3 weeks 2 sizes SMALLER! That's right you read it! TWO SIZES SMALLER! That would be a size 14. I think I posted back when I started this journey that I wanted to be a size 4 but I think settling for a 6 is okay too. I secretly wanted to be a size 2 but I don't think that is realistic. I wrote in my journal that instead of focusing on the pounds I am going to focus on the inches. So I gathered measurements from designers that I liked and all I need to lose is about 41 inches to fit into my favorite designers size 6.

Well I have been pretty religious about focusing on sticking to the diet these past two days. And it's paid off! Wow I have lost 3 pounds!!! in basically 24 hours. And I must admit I took a few swigs of Arbor mist to have a sweet taste swish thru my mouth a bit. And I had some potato chips...yes I figured I would confess all my sins! LOL.

So since I have experienced instant gratification with Atkins I will stick to it. Now comes the decision to do some exercise. I am not sure what I should do. Chalean extreme, turbo jam, treadmill, elliptical, or just plain old dancing. That is what does it for me is dancing. I look forward to dancing more than any other activity. So maybe I start with committing to about 30 mins of dance a day. That shouldn't be too hard. Well I will report back here in a couple days to let you know how me and Atkins are getting along.

Talk to you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...