September 12, 2011

Cheat Day

I am curious to know what is your opinion on cheat days? Does your diet allow it? Or have you elected to take it and accept slower weight loss?

I've been faced with a cheat day here and there. It seems like I have a cheat day once a week. Typically Friday or Saturday. I'm on the fence regarding whether or not it is worth taking one. The Atkins diet doesn't allow for a "cheat" day. But it seems like "life" gets in the way and I give in to a cheat day.

Yesterday my houseguest told me she wanted to treat me to dinner by ordering some pizza and wings. I have to admit that I really didn't take the right approach to ordering my meal. I was mesmerized by the fact that I was going to have pizza. Needless to say according to Dr Atkins my approach was all wrong. The only good thing was that the next meal (which was actually the next day) I got right back on track. Isn't that what it's all about? Getting back on track at your next meal?

Lately I've been quite frustrated with my slow weight loss progress. But having skimmed through my trusty Atkins book I find that my mindset of "sneaking" in carbs here and there is truly a big no no. It is basically telling my body "May day, may day carbs have invaded our sacred territory" and basically I need to go back to square one and "wean" my body off of those carbs that somehow "snuck" in (hey don't look at me! alright look at me). <<< The previous sentence was meant to be a run-on just to let you know. ;-)

So here I am stuck at 225.6. :-(

{via}
Feeling a bit like the cat in this image. Don't mess with me right now! I'm having a moment!

How is your journey going? Did you cheat today? Post a comment it will be our secret! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I have cheat days alllll the time - my problem is that when I have a cheat day (or meal) I can't seem to stop myself from having another then another and another. I just keep telling myself I will start again tomorrow and tomorrow never comes.

    I have found that for my best results it is best that I don't have a cheat day. I am happy with the family getting take away and I usually make myself a "healthy" home made option. I think I could handle a cheat day once a month maybe, just maybe?

    Yes, please keep it a secret :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane it sounds to me that while you take a cheat day you are still quite responsible about sticking to your diet. I found that I can't cheat. Progress becomes slow and I get discouraged. So I am still working on that damn meal plan. I promise to keep your "cheating" a secret. ;-) Great to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...