September 28, 2011

Taking the holistic approach

Today I was working on that albatross I call a menu plan. While working on my menu plan I was reflecting on my food choices. I thought to myself it would be ideal to use foods in my plan that "look good on paper" you know the vegetables, white meats and minimally processed foods. But what I've found is that I have processed foods and larger portions. You know, sausage and pork rinds and "stuff" I'm not suppose to eat. I'm starting to realize that these foods are counter-productive to my weight loss plan. DUH! Like alcohol (yeah I had a wine-cooler last night, so what? ;-/ ) these foods stall my weight loss progress which frustrates then discourages me. So I'm working on re-vamping my diet which is a constant work in progress by the way.

Here are my revelations about processed foods and portion control.

Processed Foods:
Especially meats since that seems to be my downfall but applies to anything processed. It is filled with "stuff" that I can barely spell let alone pronounce. So if it is that difficult for me to say it then more than likely it is difficult for my body to digest it, so I shouldn't be eating it. I am going to make a better attempt of eating foods that are close to their natural state as possible

Portion control:
"Superskinny vs Supersized" have you seen this show? It is where a super skinny person trades their meals with someone who is super sized. Watching that show has really opened my eyes. My over all observation...and I'm generalizing to the utmost but at the end of the day its all about portion control. So going forward I am going to start eating about 75% of what I eat now and once I am used to that portion then I will cut it back to about 50% of what I eat now.

Minimizing processed foods and my portions are my focuses for the next 9 weeks as I am still working on my 10 week challenge. How are you with portion control and processed foods?  Post your comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...