September 1, 2011

Progress: First 6 weeks check in

I've been trudging along doing the Atkins diet and I have fallen off the wagon many many times. Well this Saturday is my first "check in" with me. Back in July when I started my weight loss journey with the Atkins diet I developed a 6 week check in plan. The 6 week check in plan occurs every 6 weeks, duh.

Instead of looking at my weight loss goal in one big 100 pound chunk I thought I would break it down in 6 week increments. In 6 weeks my goal is to lose 12 pounds. I think a goal of losing an average of 2 pounds per week is a good goal without being too unrealistic. So this Saturday I should be 213 pounds. Ask me what my current weight is...wait for it...wait for it...224.4. I am 12 pounds away from my goal. I hope to be 220-222 by the end of the week. We will see.

My SWOT for the past 6 weeks was the following
Strengths:
Continuously being mindful of sticking to the plan.
Even when I fell off the wagon I got back on at my next meal instead of throwing my hands up and giving up all together.
Keeping the end in mind.
Knowing that I want to be a size 4/6 before I turn 41 next year and knowing I will feel better physically really keeps me motivated. Not to mention the diminishing love handles helps with motivation too!

Weakness:
Giving in to cravings.
Not drinking enough water (although I am much better than I was).
Not having a meal plan to help stay on eating plan.
Not having a food journal

Opportunities:
Create a 1 week meal plan and graduate to a 2 week meal plan.

Threats:
Carb loaded snacks at the office.
Carb loaded sides at dinner time.
Not having convenience foods available.

Next 6 week's goal date:
Plan:
To develop a week to week meal plan and post it on the fridge and my google calendar
To drink one 24 ounce bottle before lunch time drink a second 24 ounces of water after lunch but before the end of my work day.
Eat more veggies at every meal
Create a work out plan; AND STICK TO IT!
Re-read Atkin's book (take notes this time)

We will see how things go this next 6 weeks. I would like to fit into a J. Crew size 14 by October 15th. I've calculated and it would require me to lose approximately 21.5" from my bust, waist, and hips collectively. You know what that means...time to start doing weight/resistance training. Remember while muscle is heavier than fat it takes up less space. So I'm off to get my hand weights. I see tricep curls in my future. Here's to your next successful weigh in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...