September 5, 2011

No more "White" after today.

Happy Labor Day!!!! First I want to thank Jane from Running to Shed the Fat Suit for nominating me for a Liebster award. It is truly an honor to be nominated and I thank you so much for thinking of me Jane.
You can read about the criteria on her blog. So today is officially the LAST day a fashionista can wear white without the fashion police coming out and accosting her for such a fatal mistake. I feel like living in Florida we have clearance to wear white all year long.
I am not particularly concerned about wearing white after today, I'm particularly concerned about consuming "white" foods. Not sure what I'm talking about?

You know the culprits:

  • white flour
  • white sugar 
  • white rice 
  • white potatoes 


Those foods are major culprits for spiking your blood sugar to epic levels. I've been having a particularly difficult time eliminating these "white" demons out of my life.

My goal is to eventually eliminate them from our home but it will be a challenge getting the hubby and mini ME to join in. Have you eliminated the "whites" out of your diet? How did you do it? Was it cold turkey or gradual? I need a bit of help because I find myself back sliding often and it is sabotaging my weight loss progress.
I am considering changing diet plans and doing the PCOS diet. It is still low carb high protein diet like Atkins but it allows me to have whole grain sooner than Atkins will. It is a bit more lenient and I feel like I will be more than likely to stick to the plan because there are more choices to choose from than Atkins. I think I gave Atkins a fair shot for the past 6 plus weeks and it is time for me to move on. At least for now...I may return Dr. Atkins.

I am off to work on a meal plan (yeah the bane of my existence) for the week. And you might be thinking... Did she complete last week's meal plan? That would be a NO. Here's to refocusing and moving forward! Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...