September 22, 2011

My 10 week challenge

Wow! I can't believe I've gone so long without blogging. I have to admit I had a couple of blog posts I was going to publish but I really sounded like a "Debbie Downer" so I didn't publish them. The past week plus have been a challenge for me. I had basically no weight loss progress and I had some challenges in my personal life that basically gave me writers block. Note to self: Writer's block occurs when I'm angry, so let's work towards being content regardless of what life throws in my direction.

I hope your weight loss journey has been a positive one this past week and a half. I promise to check out your blogs and see how things are going for you.

I was reading an article the other day that stated 10 weeks from last Monday, September 19th  is BLACK FRIDAY! OMgosh! Where has the time gone? 10 weeks until Thanksgiving? It can't be!!!! Well that gave me an idea. The idea to create the 10 week challenge. In 10 weeks I plan to lose enough weight and or inches to get into a size 14 but preferably a 12! "They" say that a dress size is equivalent to 12 pounds. So I hope to lose approximately 20-24 pounds within that time frame.

Since a size 12 or 14 is a transitional size for me I thought I would need to purchase clothing in those sizes for the least amount possible. Any of you bargain hunters will know that the night of Thanksgiving to the next Friday morning offers some of the best pricing of the season. I've already invited a couple of my friends to join me and I am working on a game plan and strategy. I'm fortunate to live in a town that has a pretty decent outlet mall. Not to mention I worked in the outlet mall for many years so I know where to park and where to go during the "Midnight Madness" events. Planning this shopping trip has re-ignited my motivation. Let's just say that I had no motivation this time last week. I am keeping an online daily journal tracking my progress and journey. I may post it here on the blog but I really don't want to sound too bitchy or whiney so I will refrain from torturing you! :-)

I originally wanted this blog to focus on my weight loss journey but there are more facets to me than just weight loss and fashion. There are many things I would like to do to become the "ME" I've wanted to be. One thing is to become a web designer. I've been contemplating the idea for over 5 years. So I feel its time to spread my wings and fly towards that goal. I've enrolled in a class and I'm two weeks into it and I am so excited to be starting a new chapter in my life. I will post more as it comes but I wanted to update you on all that has been happening to me.

It's been a long day and I'm going to head to bed. I hope you all are doing well and I thank you for stopping by. Tell me what have you desired to become but were too scared pursue?...post it below I would love to find out!!! Toodles!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...