August 29, 2011

Office makeover wanted

I must confess,  I love reading blogs! They provide information, inspiration and some much more. With that being said I love the interior design blogs that showcase the latest looks for the home. Looking at the blog photos makes me want to re do my office. Back in 2006 my hubby and I went to my Shangrila to purchase office furniture. My little home based business was growing rapidly and I needed a better storage system. I had to outfit a small 10 x 10 ft bedroom. It was a challenge. I had no floor space but I was fortunate enough to have vertical space. So we he (my hubby) put up shelves and kitchen cabinets in the small little space.

Fast forward to present day, I still don't know how I managed to get all my inventory and craft supplies in that one small room in our old house. In this new house my crafts are in one room and my office (desk, computer is in the dining room). The furniture is a light birch color, yawn. I certainly don't mind it but after looking at these blogs I want an all white office. So I am in the process of saving up to redo my office. Since my office is in the dining room it has to be presentable for when guests come over.

I would like my new desk to have a glass desktop with white enamel legs . And I would like a white wall unit for books and what nots. I would add hot pink peonies for a splash of color! And accent it with my tall silver desk lamps.


{desk, Ikea}

{expedit wall unit, ikea}
{mirrored door insert}
I will post my current office pictures once I sprinkle holy water and get the mail & magazine demons off my desk tidy up a bit. This will be a slow design project so the after picture may take a while to get posted. What does your office look like? What decor inspires you? Post below.

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the results of your office makeover - very exciting!

    I am like you and have so much trouble planning meals. I am going to head over to Amy's blog and have a look. I did come across a meal plan template but haven't gotten around to downloading yet and when I remember where I saw it I will let you know as well. It was pretty good, it had proteins, carbs, fats etc all outlined. Hopefully I will be back soon to let you know the name of the blog. I think it was something like Life as I see it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I love that towards and away from idea - brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't find the menus for download, but Jill does do a weekly food and exercise schedule - I thought this may help a little.

    jillconyers.typepad.com/life_as_i_see_it/2011/08/a-commitment-to-health-and-fitness.html

    I was sure it was Jill that had the templates?? I will keep looking and if I do find them I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jane! I was going to come by and visit your place on the web and I've been slacking a bit. Thanks for the template info. I will do a google search I'm sure I will find something. Regarding the motivation post you must check out those podcasts...its a bit new agey but it really helped me get in the right mindset. And I will keep you posted on the office redo. I want to change things up a bit but there are so many other expenses that are more important. LOL...I hope you have a great weekend!!! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...