August 28, 2011

Meal Planning Challenge

Happy Sunday all!

I am sitting here on the sofa just lounging and enjoying my last day off before the start of the new week. I have had a challenging few weeks with my weight loss journey. I've fallen off many times because I had food items with many carbs or I've had items that are not allowed on my diet, bread especially.

This week I am going to tackle creating a meal plan. I love planning other aspects of my life but I despise coming up with a meal plan. I'm not sure why I don't enjoy planning my meals. I guess it requires too much thought. Or maybe it reminds me that I have to have a completely different set of meals than my family. I am not sure, all I know is that I don't enjoy it. I was reading Amy's blog and she published her meal plan. It inspired me to challenge myself to create my own meal plan. So I will begin with things that I know will be a constant for me.

Here I go:

Week of 8-29-11 to 9-4-11
Monday:
breakfast: HB egg with sausage patty
snack 1: Atkin's bar
Lunch: Slice of leftover meatloaf with garden salad
snack 2: 1/2 cup of pistachios
Dinner: Tuna salad alternative with garden salad

Tuesday:
breakfast: Egg and sausage omelet
Lunch: Chicken nugget 8pcs
snack 2: pork rinds
Dinner: open

Planning my dinners at times will be a challenge since my hubby makes dinner. I typically "Atkinize" it by adding a salad to the meat portion of his meals and forgo the carb-laden sides.

Okay I've lost interest in completing the rest of this week. I really don't like this challenge. I will complete Tuesday and Wednesday plans tomorrow. I'm spent. Do you have any ideas for creating a meal plan? If you enjoy creating one please share your thoughts below because I am really at a loss for creating one for myself. Thanks in advance! Here's to a great week ahead!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...