August 27, 2011

Shopping: One word... Ugh!

I've never mentioned this but I earned a bachelor's degree in fashion merchandising. I was quite fashionable back in the day. I love fashionable clothing. Some how I've managed to not look so fashionable at my size. I look...presentable at best.


Way back when I looked forward to getting dressed and pairing accessories with my outfit of the moment. Now you're lucky if my clothes are pressed let alone coordinate. Where did my love for shopping for clothing go? Oh yeah, out the window like my waist size. I have to say I LOATHE shopping for clothes now. I don't like trying on clothes in anyone's dressing room. I rather spend the extra gas and try it on at home with the possibility of having to take the item back to the store.


Today my husband, mini Me and I went to this "Shi Shi Foo Foo" area of town that has really upscale "Hoity Toity" type shops. You know the shopping centers where shops are spelled "Shoppes" or "Shop-Pees" like my husband so lovingly calls it. We went there so I could specifically visit the J. McLaughlin store. Much to my chagrin they were closed because of a wedding. Okay so did everyone have to go to the wedding? I'm just saying. Alright I won't be so bitter about it. But I was going there to pick out my "motivating" outfit...preferrably a dress. But they were closed! Ugh.

Anyway, we continued to walk down the shopping "Centre" you know those fancy places rearrange letters because they're "Fanci." Wink wink. We went into a couple shops and store after store I didn't see a size larger than a TWELVE! Yes you read that right folks. A TWELVE! Wow so fat chicks just don't exist in their world whatsoever. How nice.

I am going to restrain myself from going off about fashion and how women over the size of 12 are the forgotten ones yet we make up the majority of the female population. Hmm...why such a disconnect? Is it because they can cash in on more money making us feel "less than" than to actually make clothes *gasp* in our size...the horror!

What do you think? Hop up on the soapbox and express your feelings! I'll start...What is so hard in making a line of preppy clothing for women sizes 14-26? I would like a shift dress to fit over my 42 DDD bra cups! Hell they make spandex pants to fit us, why not a classic shift, shirt, skort? Hmm? Okay I'm going to the gym to burn off the half a hot dog bun I had at Costco. I know, I know I shouldn't of had it...too late. Off to break a sweat!! Don't forget to rant below! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...