August 8, 2011

Considering a Half Marathon! Yikes!!

I've spent most of today lounging and resting from my whirlwind week of vacation. During my day I spent an extended amount of time on Facebook. It has been a while since I've spent quality time with Facebook. I was constantly refreshing my home page for exciting new updates from friends and fan pages. Then I saw it...the post from the Couch to 5K program. They posted: "Click 'Like' if you're running a half marathon this fall." Then I followed the link they posted for the top 7 marathons and there it was...a half marathon less than an hour away! I have to say that I have been itching to do a half marathon at Disney World but I never had the guts to train or sign up. But I was just thinking today that I need to start working on a running plan if I am to become a runner. A runner is one of the "Me's" I want to be by the way.

Back to the half marathon, it will be held on Wednesday, November 30th at 6:30am. <Record scratch> Wait! I didn't see that...6:30 AM??? Oh heck no! Okay, okay I've got to think a bit differently if I am going to lose this weight. So with that being said I will start the C25K program tomorrow to get the ball rolling. You can find that program here if you are interested in a running program for the physically challenged. They also have an iPhone app if you are interested in having a guide to help you keep track of your time. Keeping you up on what I am doing with the C25K program will be a regular blog post for me. I haven't decided what day I will post but I will let you know. Okay I am off to bed. Here is to a great week for all of you ME 2B'ers out there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...