August 8, 2011

W1D1 of C25K and SWOT

You may be thinking WTF! Did her fingers lose control on the keyboard when she typed the title? Nope! I completed day 1 of week 1 of the Couch to 5 K program! And I just got home and I feel GREAT! I have attempted to complete one day of the program and could never do it. But today I was able to!!! Yay me!! AND I didn't have to modify the program!!! Woo Hoo!!! I ran a total of 9 minutes!!! There was a time I couldn't WALK for 9 mins!!! I feel great...like I could conquer the world!!! So tomorrow I will do a bit of upper body weight training. I've read many articles that you should alternate your cardio days from your weight training days in order for your body to get a FULL body workout. Just keep that in mind next time you are planning on going to the gym or a home workout.

SWOT:
I know you are thinking "what the!?!?!?" A SWOT analysis may be a regular post for me and I encourage you to do the same.

Here is what it means:
Strengths
Weaknesses
Opportunities
Threats

So my SWOT analysis for last week was the following:
Strengths: worked out during my vacation and stuck to my weight loss plan 80% of the time. Lost 2 pounds on vacation!
Weaknesses: McDonalds on travel days this week. Convenience is my weakness. Not drinking enough water another and drinking fruit drinks (big no no).
Opportunities: Prepare more portable convenience foods for traveling and plan the best places to eat while on plan to stay within net carb goal. Drinking more water.
Threats: Birthday cake, and sparkling grape juice brought home after Maddy's birthday at mom's. Poor food planning.

Doing a SWOT analysis may help you identify what is keeping you from achieving your next goal. If you have time just do a quick one of how you did last week? Did you stick to your plan? Did you achieve your goal? Why or why not? It's best to keep a journal so you can see how you progress!!

Best of luck!

2 comments:

  1. Well done with your C25K program. I love how good you feel after achieving a run, I think it's those endorphins that people talk about. Imagine how fantastic you would feel after finishing a half marathon - that is an amazing task and I congratulate you for even thinking about it.

    Your SWOT is a great idea! I do a weekly review every Thursday which is something similar and I agree, it does help to see where you could have done better and what needs changing to succeed on this journey.

    I had McDonalds too and it is totally the convenience of it. The rest of the family was having Red Rooster which I don't like, but there is a McDonalds right next door so I had that. The only consolation I can take from it was that it was on my weigh-in day so I have the rest of the week to burn it off and behave myself.

    Can't wait to read more of your C25K running adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cheap brand Mercer is actually Emmerson (I got a little confused) it is available at Big W though I am not sure if you have that in the US. The other brands are available at our shopping malls and thankfully at DFO which is Direct Factory Outlet. It is all our designer clothes for less than half the price but that is because it's all the stuff that didn't sell and is now out of season, but the sizing is very limited so you have to be a size 12 (US8) or under to be able to get any of the bargains.

    Looking forward to seeing your post this Friday to see what gorgeous outfit you have this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...