August 11, 2011

I want to move!

There I said it! Going out to Utah last week really made an impact on me and how I view life and my health. It was the first time I didn't feel inferior just because I wasn't "skinny." On the contrary, while it seemed like just about everyone was physically fit, it made me want to join in and put on some track shorts, not run and hide. I felt like could CONQUER the world! I was apprehensive that the thinner atmosphere would affect my asthma but it didn't, the air was crisp and clean despite the 90 degree plus temperature. I felt great every moment I was there.

Wouldn't you love to see this view when you go to work? My brother does. Well in the summertime that is. Apparently I was seduced by the summer there. I can't imagine all this pretty covered in snow, but 7 months out of the year this beauty lies dormant under a thick blanket of snow.

See that is the caveat to my idealized vision of the future...SNOW! EEK! I don't care for snow at all. So I've got to figure out how I can have the idyllic bucolic life without the dreaded snow. Help!

A view from the gondola down to the resort where we were staying.

A view of the canyon from the gondola.

So I plan on going back to visit in the winter so I can see if I could deal with the winter there. If I feel that I can, then I think we are going to head out west. I mean you only live once, why not live the life that makes you happy. I think if I moved out west I may find my happiness. What about you? Where do you feel happiest? I would love to know, post a comment below. (Hey that rhymed)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...