August 14, 2011

I haven't been completely honest...

Ooh did that title grab you? Well I was thinking about my posts regarding my weight loss progress and I've been a bit one-sided. I haven't documented the times when my weight has gone up even if it's 2/10th of a pound. This blog serves as my online documentation of my struggles and triumphs while getting to my goal weight, so that is what I need to provide my readers. Well it isn't fair if you're reading a blog and the author only documents the actual weight loss not her struggles when the weight creeps back on again. So going forward I will also document when my weight goes up and my moments of weakness.

With that being said I have had some major cravings lately, I haven't been drinking enough water, nor taken my multi-vitamins. There I said it! I had pasta yesterday and I shouldn't have. I feel it set off a massive craving campaign that I don't rendered me helpless. One thing I have enjoyed so far on the Atkins diet is that I've had no cravings. In the book Dr Atkins warned his readers to steer clear of eating refined carbs. Even the "its just one bite" thought is a fatal mistake for the Atkins dieter. I should have heeded his advise. I am going to take being on induction more seriously. I've accepted that this is my new way of life since it has allowed me to see the most progress than any other diet I've attempted. So I'm moving forward and staying focused! How do you regain focus when you've gone off your diet? Please leave a comment below. Happy Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been drinking enough either. Was doing great. 1 glass per hour is my usual goal. Thx for the reminder.

    The essie color was at my nail place...so maybe check amazon if it's not on their site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erika, Love the new look blog :)

    The Pita I used for my pizza was 85g with carbs being 41.9g. That is probably way too high for you, but I am sure you could find another kind of base. I also have a 43g wholegrain wrap with 19.7g of carbs, a 40g wholegrain tortilla with 17.8g of carbs or a 25g rye mountain bread with 13.3g of carbs. Any of those could be used as a base - I think.

    I hope I was of some use to you.

    My husband loves the names I have for him although he would like me to be a little more traditional with love or darling or something like that :)

    I know you are doing Atkins with low-carb so maybe none of them are suitable? What is your limit on carbs per day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet words Jane. I'm quite a novice at web design but I am working on improving that skill. ;-)

    Yes I am doing Atkins and I'm still in the initial phase which requires a maximum of 20g of carbs. So I don't plan on consistently adding more carbs until I reach about 199 pounds. I will look on a few low carb sites for tortilla recipes because I love pizza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip Danielle. I never thought to look on Amazon. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...