October 8, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Low carb "Fried" Chicken

Welcome to another Tasty Tuesday! Now that I've made the commitment to go Low carb and Gluten Free I've been on the hunt for LC/GF recipes that replace conventional ones. My first attempt was Fried Chicken. This batch can be summed up in one word DE.LI.CIOUS! 
Low Carb Gluten Free "Fried" Chicken

Some of you may turn your nose up at the ingredients but I'm here to say don't knock it till you try it. I never found an actual recipe for how I made it. I took bits and pieces from forums and other recipes and came up with my own.

Ingredients:

6 Pieces of chicken with skin (4 legs and 2 thighs)
1/2 bag or 1.75 oz of Crushed Pork Rinds (yep you read that right)
1/2 Tbs Parmesan Cheese (you can actually add more)
2 Tbs Mayonnaise
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder*
1/4 tsp Onion Powder*
1/8 tsp Black Pepper*
1/8 tsp Salt

*The measurements are approximates not exact. Feel free to substitute, add, or remove ingredients.

Directions:

1. Preheat oven  to 375.
2. Wash and pat your chicken dry
3. Mix all your dry ingredients together except for salt. (I wasn't sure if adding salt would be too much that is why I waited and added it after it was baked.
4. Dip and coat your chicken in mayonnaise. I opted for mayo because it holds the moisture and it already contains oil and eggs. Plus I had more mayo than I did eggs but you can substitute with eggs.
5. Then dip your mayo slathered chicken into the crushed pork rind mixture.
6. Lay out chicken on your (lightly sprayed with oil [I used canola] )baking sheet.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes or how ever long it takes your oven to get the thickest piece of the chicken to at least 170 degrees.
8. Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
9. Enjoy!

If you tried this recipe please let me know how it came out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...