October 30, 2013

Why do I do this to myself?

I'm starting to question becoming a freelance designer. I say that because there is so much that goes into running your own business that quite frankly I'm not in the mood to take on. Don't get me wrong I've worked for myself in the past and did okay. I guess being a creative person I don't like the mundane bookkeeping and all the other administrative mucky muck that goes with running a business.

That doesn't even include the fact that I feel a bit inferior to other established designers. I know, I know, I shouldn't compare myself. But really you can't tell me you don't compare yourself to others following a similar path. I think it's human nature. Unless you're a zombie. (Don't get me started on the over-zombification of America. What the heck is that about?) I guess I'm at a point that I feel more intimidated than inspired by designers in my field.

Plus, I'm starting to feel like I should have chosen another school because I don't feel like I know more than I did when I enrolled. I guess I thought school was going to be the "be all end all" and it ain't.

Yep that's right you've entered the "wah wah" zone. The place where I bitch and complain about how life is not going the way I planned. Welcome.

I guess this is where the adult tells the inner child in me to suck it up and move on... *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...