October 16, 2013

Weight loss Wednesday: Slow and sort of steady

I'm a tortoise. I logged into My Fitness Pal today to log my weight loss. And I've lost almost 28 pounds!!! I originally started this journey September 2008 but started documenting my journey on MFP February 2010 at my heaviest ever! It has taken me almost 4 years to get where I am today. I have to admit I didn't think I was accomplishing much losing 0.2 pounds here or 0.6 pounds there. I was expecting 1-3 pounds lost per week.

Looking back it took losing 23 pounds to really feel like I've accomplished something. I was finally able to go down a dress size. I'm still trudging along though. I would be lying if I told you I don't get discouraged on a daily basis. I'm also inspired on a daily basis as well.

I'm at a point where I really need to push myself. I was talking to a classmate who is training to run 40 miles!! I thought to myself 40 miles?!?!?! You're lucky I can walk my neighborhood! He was telling me he wasn't training to see if he can do it. He knows he can, we all could. He's doing it so he can push himself. Break those mental boundaries he set for himself that has held him back. Yes, it will take physically training and conditioning to achieve that goal. In the end he is doing it to strenghten himself mentally. I thought that was so profound.

Here I am bitching and complaining about little minute hurdles that I deal with like getting up a little early to workout (which I have YET to do). I'm inspired now. No, not to run a marathon, although I plan on doing a 5k by February. Just to push myself. Test my endurance. Hit the wall then get through it. I haven't challenged myself like that. I'm up for the challenge. I have to take this journey up a notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...