October 10, 2013

Weight loss is like an unraveling sweater

I'm not sure if that's the best analogy but I'm starting to realize weight loss is causing something to unravel. You find the stray thread at the bottom of the sweater and start to pull. Before you know it the sweater has turned into a pile of yarn. It seems like that's what my weight loss journey is like.

I've learned that some people that you thought were your friends really aren't. People will let you down. I don't think it's their intention I think that is just what happens. My husband always reminds me that if you don't have an expectation for someone they can never let you down. I must heed his advice.

 My perspective has changed on things I guess because my body is changing and things look a bit different now. With one change comes another and another. I've also learned that since I'm slowly getting my act together with my diet and it really comes down to planning. I'm starting to plan in other areas of my life like my finances. Not that it's a bad thing it's just a bit scary.

The sweater continues to unravel because I also have the urge to redo my business plan. Revising my business plan will allow me to truly enjoy running my business and not be a slave to it. I know that doesn't seem like it makes much sense but trust me it makes alot of sense to me. I find that I want to purge alot of stuff and start anew. Have more patience with people who don't "get" me. I can be a bit rough and a brutally honest at times. Most people don't know how to take me.  It' s like a slippery slope folks. I think I want to get off for fear of more changes and life lessons to come. I'm not sure I'm ready for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time out to comment. Come back real soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...